Fremantle

The first time I saw someone walking around barefoot I thought it was odd but we were downtown and there were street performers, homeless people, people raising awareness for this cause and that, so I just lumped them in with the rest. Then we went to a bakery in a quiet neighborhood and someone pulled up in their SUV, got out of their car and walked into the bakery barefoot. This really made me take note. Ever since then I have been noticing people walking around barefoot almost everywhere we go, on the sidewalks, in the grocery store, even at the gas station. Odd. Very odd. And this coming from someone who often walks around without her shoes on.

We visited Fremantle today. It's an odd mix of working port and trendy place to be. It's full of tourists, of course, and we lost count of the number of wedding parties having photos taken (that will be us tomorrow). The main area, called 'the market', was packed with people and full of activity. It wasn't a market per se, it felt more like a fair ground with stalls selling trinkets and what not. The area around the market is full of small roads with lots of interesting shops. We also checked out the Maritime Museum (tomorrow's venue for the reception) and caught a glimpse of a tall ship that was just heading out.

After a stop for some ice cream it was time to head back home. I have always referred to where Paul and Therese live as Kalamunda but today I noticed that the sign actually reads "Shire of Kalamunda". I seem to be the only one who finds it funny that we are staying in a shire. Anyways...while we were driving back to the shire, we were just heading up the big hill when Paul realized it was 10 minutes before sunset so we pulled over at a look out and enjoyed a beautiful sunset (Warning: I uploaded a lot of pictures of the sunset. Don't you just love the digital age!)

For today's photos click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment