I’ve lost track of what day it is but on the day I am
writing about we went from Albany to Lake Grace with a stop for a hike in Porongurup
National Park. The only reason we chose Lake Grace was because it seemed too
far to drive from Albany to Hyden, our actual destination, and do a hike all in
one day and there really isn’t a whole lot in between the two. I must apologize
in advance to the people of Lake Grace for the photos I have posted, there were
some nice homes but they don’t make for interesting photos.
Porongurup, on the other hand, was amazing. It was a 2.7km
hike to the peak of Castle Rock, which sits at 500m above sea level (which means
it was a bit of a climb). The hike takes you through the forest and then suddenly
there is a huge granite boulder in front of you. It’s fascinating. The first
rock you come to is called the balancing rock for obvious reasons. Then you climb over some rocks using some hand and footholds that have been
strategically placed, through a crevice, up a ladder then along a catwalk to
the summit of Castle rock for more magnificent views. Well worth the
side trip. The photos can be seen HERE
No comments:
Post a Comment